Welcome to the Office of the Associate Dean, Research and Graduate Studies (ADRGS)!
We are proud to support our many faculty, staff, post-docs and graduate students as they embark into exciting research that spans so many fields within the biological sciences, from environmental health and biodiversity to exercise science, nutrition, mechanisms of disease, microbiology, animal and plant biology, biotechnology, bioinformatics, and more.
To support research and graduate studies in CBS, we are committed to:
- Advocating for the College’s research enterprise both internally at the University of Guelph and externally to local, provincial, national and international stakeholders
- Promoting and supporting transdisciplinary, collaborative research initiatives that leverage CBS’s research strengths and address pressing societal needs
- Supporting the development of competitive funding applications and new research partnerships
- Ensuring best practices are employed in the management and oversight of funded research initiatives
- Overseeing the College’s 11 masters and PhD programs, including the intercollegiate graduate program in Bioinformatics
- Identifying and assisting with the design and development new graduate courses and programs
- Overseeing a central admissions office that manages applications to all graduate programs in the College
- Promoting graduate student and post-doc services, wellbeing, and professional skill development
- Fostering healthy, respectful, inclusive, and successful interactions among graduate students, post-docs, faculty, and staff
We welcome you once more to CBS and invite you to explore our website to learn more about our research and graduate programs. Should you have any questions or simply wish to discuss any of the above, please get in touch! We would be happy to assist you in any way we can.